Portuguese Old Fashioned Fig Jam Recipe
Posted in: Breakfast RecipesTue, Mar 31, 2020
4 out of 5 with 2 ratings
This recipe makes about 2 medium jars.
- Wash the figs, dry them with absorbent paper, peel and cut them into slices or quarters.
- Place them in a saucepan with the sugar, port wine, orange juice and cinnamon stick.
- When it boils, turn the heat down and let it cook slowly, stirring occasionally until it has the desired consistency.
- Place in jars previously heated with hot water and well dried.
- Place the cap on the jars and turn them over for about an hour.