Portuguese Old Fashioned Fig Jam Recipe
Posted in: BreakfastTue, Mar 31, 2020
4 out of 5 with 11 ratings
Views: 17977 - Comments 5
1 and 1/2 lbs of figs2 and 1/2 cups of sugarJuice of 1 large orange1 shot of Port wine (40 ml)1 cinnamon stick Get Portuguese ingredients
This recipe makes about 2 medium jars.
- Wash the figs, dry them with absorbent paper, peel and cut them into slices or quarters.
- Place them in a saucepan with the sugar, port wine, orange juice and cinnamon stick.
- When it boils, turn the heat down and let it cook slowly, stirring occasionally until it has the desired consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Place in jars previously heated with hot water and well dried.
- Place the cap on the jars and turn them over for about an hour.
Recipe & Photo Credit: facebook.com/caminhosdofuturo
Ana - 9 Months ago
Maybe this is a silly question but....do you use the whole fig or just the inside? I can't mess this up since my tree is young and did not produce much fruit this year. Obrigado, Ana
[reply] (+1) (-0)
You must peel them first Ana, please read step 1 of the directions.
9 Months ago (+0) (-0)
David D Perry - 11 Months ago
I am diabetic what is any information for a sugar free jqam PLEASE> Thanks David