Portuguese Octopus with Beans Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Apr 21, 2020
0 out of 5 with ratings
1 cooked octopus2 cups of water (from cooking the octopus)1/4 cup of olive oil1 onion, chopped4 cloves of garlic, chopped1 bay leaf2 carrots, sliced3/4 lb of chopped and peeled tomatoes2 tablespoons of tomato paste1/4 of a chouriço sausage, sliced1 and 3/4 cups of cooked white beansSalt and black pepper (to taste)Chopped coriander or parsley to sprinkle (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil, add the onion and let it fry a little.
- Add the bay leaf and garlic, let it cook a little and add the tomato paste and the chopped tomato.
- Add the carrots and the octopus cooking broth and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the beans, chouriço and octopus cut into pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper. If necessary add more broth.
- Cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander or parsley (to taste).