Portuguese Lemon Cookies (Broinhas) Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Apr 30, 2020
3 out of 5 with 26 ratings
1/2 cup of softened butter2 medium eggsZest of 1 lemon1 and 1/4 cups of sugar (about 250gr)3 cups of flour (about 370gr)1 teaspoon of baking powderPowdered sugar (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Beat the butter with the sugar and the lemon zest until creamy.
- Add the eggs and continue to beat.
- Add the flour and the baking powder and mix until the flour is absorbed and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Make small balls.
- Pass the balls through the powdered sugar.
- Arrange on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated over at 200ºC or 400ºF for about 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, cool and serve.