How to make Portuguese port and sesame biscuits.
|Preparation time||1 h 15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||1 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1⁄2 cup of Port wine1⁄3 cup of rich olive oil1⁄2 cup of sugar2 teaspoons of lemon zest1⁄2 teaspoon of anise or 1⁄2 teaspoon of fennel seed1 and 1⁄4 cups of flour1⁄2 teaspoon of baking soda1⁄4 teaspoon of salt2⁄3 cup of sesame seeds Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl, combine Port wine, oil, sugar, lemon zest and anise, mixing well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and sesame seeds.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F and line two sheets with parchment.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto the sheets and bake the cookies (while the dough is still cold) for 13-14 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On June 10th, Portugal commemorates the death of Luís de Camões in 1580. Camões wrote the Lusiads, Portugal's national epic celebrating the country's achievements.
Check out our video and find out why decided to retire in Portugal instead of Spain or the United States.
How to make Portuguese coconut biscoitos, a traditional Portuguese biscuits made with coconut. These delicious treats are popular in Portugal and among Portuguese communities around the world.