Portuguese Port & Sesame Biscuits Recipe
Posted in: Cookies
Nov 20, 2015
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
1⁄2 cup of Port wine1⁄3 cup of rich olive oil1⁄2 cup of sugar2 teaspoons of lemon zest1⁄2 teaspoon of anise or 1⁄2 teaspoon of fennel seed1 and 1⁄4 cups of flour1⁄2 teaspoon of baking soda1⁄4 teaspoon of salt2⁄3 cup of sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine Port wine, oil, sugar, lemon zest and anise, mixing well.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and sesame seeds.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F and line two sheets with parchment.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto the sheets and bake the cookies (while the dough is still cold) for 13-14 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking.