Portuguese Maria Biscuits Chocolate Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
May 4, 2020
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
1/2 lb of unsweetened dark chocolate (about 200 gr)3 and 1/4 cups of condensed milk (about 780 ml)2 tablespoons of butter1 and 3/4 cups of heavy cream (about 410 ml)2 packets of Maria biscuits
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a saucepan, place the condensed milk, chocolate, cream and butter.
- Heat it stirring constantly, until it boils and it thickens.
- Grease a pan, with a removable bottom, approximately 20 cm in diameter, with butter.
- Place Maria biscuits covering the bottom of the pan.
- Add some of chocolate mixture on top of the biscuits.
- Add more biscuits and alternate with cream until you reach the top, finally finish with chocolate cream.
- Place in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Unmold and garnish with crushed Maria Biscuits.