Lemon & Coconut Loaf Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesTue, May 5, 2020
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
Loaf:1 cup of white sugar½ cup of butter, softened2 eggs1 lemon, juice and zest1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour1 teaspoon of baking powder1/4 teaspoon of salt1/2 cup of milk1/2 cup of grated coconutDrizzle:3/4 cup of confectioners sugar2 teaspoons of lemon juice, or more as needed * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C) and grease a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- Beat the white sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the juice and zest of one lemon into butter mixture.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl and add to butter mixture alternately with milk, mixing until batter is well incorporated.
- Fold in the coconut, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (about 60 minutes).
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Gradually stir 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into confectioners' sugar in a bowl until mixture is thin enough to drizzle and transfer mixture to a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and gently squeeze bag and drizzle mixture evenly over the loaf.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!