Portuguese Sponge Cake (Pão de Ló) Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Jun 30, 2020
2 out of 5 with 13 ratings
10 eggs (at room temperature)1 cup of sugar2 cups of flour, sifted1 teaspoon of baking powder½ teaspoon of saltZest of one lemon
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Beat the eggs at high speed for about 20 minutes, while incorporating the sugar gradually.
- Then gently fold in the flour, previously mixed with the baking powder and the salt, then add the lemon zest.
- Place in a lightly oiled round pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Wait about 10 minutes before unmolding the cake.