This Portuguese sponge cake recipe (receita de pão de ló) makes the famous Portuguese airy cake with multiple global and regional variations.
|Preparation time||30 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
10 eggs (at room temperature)1 cup of sugar2 cups of flour, sifted1 teaspoon of baking powder½ teaspoon of saltZest of one lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Beat the eggs at high speed for about 20 minutes, while incorporating the sugar gradually.
- Then gently fold in the flour, previously mixed with the baking powder and the salt, then add the lemon zest.
- Place in a lightly oiled round pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Wait about 10 minutes before unmolding the cake.
Turned out nicely.
1 year ago, Thursday, November 24, 2022
You might also like:
The best things to do in Lisbon Portugal are not always easy to figure out. Especially during the new normal.
Bacalhau is cod fish which has been dried and salted to preserve it. It is said that there is a different dish using bacalhau for every day of the year in Portuguese cooking.
The Azores, Portugal are perfect for outdoor adventure. From flying to the Azores to exploring the beaches and hiking in the lush, crater lake dotted landscapes.