Portuguese Sponge Cake Recipe
Posted in: CakesTue, Jun 30, 2020
5 out of 5 with 80 ratings
Views: 42617 - Comments 2
10 eggs (at room temperature)1 cup of sugar2 cups of flour, sifted1 teaspoon of baking powder½ teaspoon of saltZest of one lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Beat the eggs at high speed for about 20 minutes, while incorporating the sugar gradually.
- Then gently fold in the flour, previously mixed with the baking powder and the salt, then add the lemon zest.
- Place in a lightly oiled round pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Wait about 10 minutes before unmolding the cake.
Recipe & Photo Credit: 196flavors.com
Leisa - 7 Months ago
Turned out nicely.
[reply] (+0) (-0)