Portuguese Fried Orange Rings Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Jul 13, 2020
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
2 eggs1/2 cup of sugar1/4 cup of milk1/4 cup of olive oil1 shot if aguardente (Portuguese moonshine) or brandy4 cups of self rising flour or 500 gr2 oranges (zest)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Beat the eggs well with the sugar and mix in the milk, olive oil, moonshine or brandy and orange zest and beat again.
- Start stirring the batter by hand while adding the flour and beat well.
- It will be well beat when it doesn't stick to your hands.
- Let the dough sit for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, make rings and fry in hot oil.
- After frying, let them drain in paper towels and then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.