Portuguese Simple Vanilla Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Jul 31, 2020
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
8 tablespoons of softened butter1 cup of milk1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract2 cups of flour1 and 1/2 cup of sugar2 teaspoons of baking powder1 teaspoon of salt4 egg whites (not beaten) Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC or 340ºF and grease and flour a round cake pan.
- Beat the softened butter with the milk and vanilla extract for 3 minutes.
- In another bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Place the flour mix in the milk in three additions, beating well with each addition.
- Finally add the egg whites and wrap everything well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for 20 minutes and then unmold.