Paula's Portuguese Chouriço Dip Recipe
Posted in: Sides
Aug 2, 2020
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
2 cups of onion, chopped3 tablespoons of butter1/8 teaspoon of thyme½ cup of chouriço, about 6 ounces8 ounce package of cream cheese¼ cup of mayonnaise1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese¼ cup of chopped chives or green onionsKosher salt (to taste)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Remove chouriço casings and cook in a medium skillet over medium heat for about 10 minutes, chopping with spoon and stirring occasionally, then set aside.
- In another skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the onion, chives, thyme, season with salt, lower heat to medium low and cook onion for about 20 minutes until onions become soft and caramelized.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the cream cheese and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Gently fold in the chouriço and onions.
- Add into a 2 cup baking dish and top with the cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C or 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until the dip is golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with additional green onion and serve with baguette slices or tortilla chips.