Coscorões are a very typical Portuguese dessert during the Christmas season. They are sweet and crunchy and have a nice orange flavor to them.
3 and 1/2 cups of flourWater as needed1 pinch of salt2 eggs1 orange zest1/4 cup of sugar1 stick of melted butter1/4 cup of brandy (Aguardente)Oil for fryingSugar and cinnamon mixtureGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Mix the sugar with the butter in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, brandy, flour, orange zest and salt and knead well.
- Add water if necessary and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Let the dough rest covered in the bowl for at least one hour.
- Shape the dough into rectangles using a rolling pin to a thickness of half an inch.
- Make two cuts in the middle of each rectangle.
- Twist the dough into desired shapes and deep fry in a skillet with 2" of oil on high heat until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cover the coscorões with sugar cinnamon mixture and serve while warm.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
There are no comments for this recipe.