This delicious Portuguese filhoses de abóbora recipe (pumpkin dreams recipe) was sent in by Liz Alves Santos.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||2 h 35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 (15) ounce can of pumpkin puree (not with spices)5 cups of flour1 ounce of whiskey4 teaspoons of active dry yeast3/4 cup of orange juice1/2 cup of sugar3 teaspoons of grated orange zest3 eggs1 teaspoon of saltOil for frying (vegetable or canola) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Dissolve the yeast in the orange juice and mix with the pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, whiskey, sugar, salt and orange zest and mix well with the mixer.
- Add the flour and knead until a soft dough forms (add more flour if the dough seams too runny).
- Cover with a clean cloth or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for at least 2 hours.
- Spoon out large tablespoon size of dough into the oil and fry until golden brown, turning over as they fry.
- Place onto paper towels to absorb excess oil and coat with sugar and cinnamon.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Ever heard the saying that the cows in the Azores are happy cows? Read this short article to find out why.
Porto, like the rest of Portugal, is a seafood paradise. No matter the season, there’s always a good reason to head out in search of delectable shellfish or perfectly grilled finfish (sardines, anyone?), and if you...
Watch this video to see how they make chouriço at a butcher shop in New Jersey, USA.