Tia Josie's Portuguese Filhoses de Abóbora Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Aug 9, 2020
4 out of 5 with 15 ratings
1 (15) ounce can of pumpkin puree (not with spices)5 cups of flour1 ounce of whiskey4 teaspoons of active dry yeast3/4 cup of orange juice1/2 cup of sugar3 teaspoons of grated orange zest3 eggs1 teaspoon of saltOil for frying (vegetable or canola)
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Dissolve the yeast in the orange juice and mix with the pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, whiskey, sugar, salt and orange zest and mix well with the mixer.
- Add the flour and knead until a soft dough forms (add more flour if the dough seams too runny).
- Cover with a clean cloth or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for at least 2 hours.
- Spoon out large tablespoon size of dough into the oil and fry until golden brown, turning over as they fry.
- Place onto paper towels to absorb excess oil and coat with sugar and cinnamon.