Portuguese Cozido (Boiled Dinner) Recipe
- Place the beef, pork, chicken and sausages in boiling water enough to cover all.
- After boiling again, scoop any foam off the top and allow it to continue to cook at a low boil.
- Add salt to taste, along with the onions, carrots and turnips.
- As each item cooks, remove it from the broth into a separate dish, and cover with a small amount of the broth, when everything has cooked thoroughly, pass the remaining broth through a strainer.
- Cook the rice in 250 to 300 ml of the broth with the mint sprig.
- Add the beans and cabbages to the remaining broth and cook them.
- Place the cabbage into a platter, slice the beef, pork, chicken and sausages and place on top.
- Garnish the dish with the remaining vegetables and place a portion of the rice in the middle and top with slices of the sausages.
You Might Also Like These