Ashley's Orange Jam Recipe
Posted in: SidesSun, Sep 13, 2020
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Views: 6024 - Comments 2
3 lbs of oranges, peeled (roughly 5 cups of puree)1 cup of sugar2 cinnamon sticks3 tablespoons of lemon juice3 8 ounce canning jars Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel the oranges, cut them, remove the seeds and as much of the white pith as possible.
- Puree the oranges with a blender.
- Place the orange puree in a saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon sticks, lemon juice and stir.
- Simmer the orange puree over moderate heat until it thickens into a jam, about 20-30 minutes (stirring ocasionally).
- Let it cool, remove the cinnamon sticks, pour it into the canning jars and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Ashley, practicalselfreliance.com
Diane - 2 Months ago
Sounds divine. How long will it last in the refrigerator.
[reply] (+1) (-0)
It should last up to a month regfrigerated.
2 Months ago (+0) (-0)