This delicious Portuguese stewed squid with shrimp recipe (receita de lulas estufadas com camarão) is quick and super easy to make.
4 large squid (about 500g)10 cooked large shrimp1 large ripe tomato6 small (cherry) tomatoes1 onion2 garlic clovesOlive oil (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste)1 dried hot chili pepper (to taste)1 bay leaf1 stem of fresh lemon thyme1 tablespoon of capersGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Chop the onion and the garlic cloves and heat them in the olive oil.
- As soon as the olive oil gets hot, add the bay leaf, the thyme, the chili pepper and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Then add the tomato previously peeled and cut into small pieces and let it cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- Now add the squid previously cut into strips or rings, the shrimp, the cherry tomatoes cut in half and the capers.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer over low heat until the squid is tender, the shrimp is cooked and the sauce is refined (don't over cook the squid).
- Garnish with black olives and serve.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
Thank you for all your lovely dishes
3 months ago, Saturday, May 7, 2022
This recipe is sooo yummiest even though I haven't tried it,calamari and shrimp are Bueno bueno !!
3 months ago, Friday, May 6, 2022