Portuguese Stewed Squid with Shrimp Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 2, 2020
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
4 large squid (about 500g)10 cooked large shrimp1 large ripe tomato6 small (cherry) tomatoes1 onion2 garlic clovesOlive oil (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste)1 dried hot chili pepper (to taste)1 bay leaf1 stem of fresh lemon thyme1 tablespoon of capers
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Chop the onion and the garlic cloves and heat them in the olive oil.
- As soon as the olive oil gets hot, add the bay leaf, the thyme, the chili pepper and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Then add the tomato previously peeled and cut into small pieces and let it cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- Now add the squid previously cut into strips or rings, the shrimp, the cherry tomatoes cut in half and the capers.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer over low heat until the squid is tender, the shrimp is cooked and the sauce is refined (don't over cook the squid).
- Garnish with black olives and serve.