Portuguese Grandma's Homemade Buns Recipe
Posted in: Bread RecipesSun, Oct 11, 2020
4 out of 5 with 74 ratings
- Place the flour in a bowl and mix all ingredients except the water and olive oil and mix everything with a wooden spoon.
- After everything is well mixed, create a hole in the middle and add the warm water and olive oil.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour absorbs the liquids and is well incorporated (add more water of needed).
- Cover with a kitchen towel and a woolen blanket and let it rise for 2 hours in a warm room.
- At the end of this time take out the dough and mold it into round buns (size to taste).
- Put the buns on a floured tray, and at the top of each bun, cut a cross with a knife.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF until it's baked, about 30 to 40 minutes (to taste).