Portuguese Grandma's Homemade Buns Recipe
Posted in: Breads / Rolls
Oct 11, 2020
4 out of 5 with 54 ratings
6 cups of all purpose flour (about 750 gr)1 teaspoon of salt1 teaspoon of sugar1 sachet of instant dry yeast (about 7 gr)2 and 1/2 cups of warm water (about 600 ml)1 tablespoon of olive oil
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Place the flour in a bowl and mix all ingredients except the water and olive oil and mix everything with a wooden spoon.
- After everything is well mixed, create a hole in the middle and add the warm water and olive oil.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour absorbs the liquids and is well incorporated (add more water of needed).
- Cover with a kitchen towel and a woolen blanket and let it rise for 2 hours in a warm room.
- At the end of this time take out the dough and mold it into round buns (size to taste).
- Put the buns on a floured tray, and at the top of each bun, cut a cross with a knife.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF until it's baked, about 30 to 40 minutes (to taste).