Portuguese Grandma's Homemade Buns Recipe
Posted in: BreadsSun, Oct 11, 2020
4 out of 5 with 81 ratings
Views: 42949 - Comments 13
This Portuguese grandma's homemade buns recipe (receita de bolinhas de pão da avó caseiras) is delicious and easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||2 h 45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
6 cups of all purpose flour (about 750 gr)2 teaspoons of salt1 teaspoon of sugar1 sachet of instant dry yeast (about 7 gr)2 and 1/2 cups of warm water (about 600 ml)1 tablespoon of olive oil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the flour in a bowl and mix all ingredients except the water and olive oil and mix everything with a wooden spoon.
- After everything is well mixed, create a hole in the middle and add the warm water and olive oil.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour absorbs the liquids and is well incorporated (add more water of needed).
- Cover with a kitchen towel and a woolen blanket and let it rise for 2 hours in a warm room.
- At the end of this time take out the dough and mold it into round buns (size to taste).
- Put the buns on a floured tray, and at the top of each bun, cut a cross with a knife.
- Bake at 180ºC or 350ºF until it's baked, about 30 to 40 minutes (to taste).
Note: This recipe uses "instant" dry yeast, NOT "active".
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015