Quick Portuguese Lemon Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Oct 19, 2020
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
Zest and juice of 1 lemon1 and 1/4 cups of sugar3/4 cup of melted butter5 eggs1 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour1 teaspoon of baking powder1 tablespoon of cornstarchButter for greasing the panFlour for sprinkling the panBundt cake pan
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease the pan with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Beat sugar with egg yolks, lemon juice and zest and melted butter very well.
- Beat the egg whites and mix in the lemon preparation, together with the flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked (test with toothpick).
- Remove from the oven, let it cool slightly, unmold and serve.