Portuguese Pastéis de Santa Clara Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesMon, Nov 2, 2020
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
- Add butter and water into the flour, then knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Place in a bowl and cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Add the sugar and water to a saucepan, then bring to a boil without stirring, until syrupy.
- Then, add the almonds and the yolks you've previously whisked and stir until you get a thick paste.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and roll it out very thin, about 1/8-inch in thickness.
- Cut out circles in the dough with a 3-inch cutter.
- Place a teaspoon of the almond filling in the center of each circle, then fold, and seal with water.
- Brush the pastries with an egg wash, then bake at 200°C or 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Take out of the oven and while still hot and roll in powdered sugar.