Portuguese Pudim de Mães Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesSun, Nov 8, 2020
5 out of 5 with 5 ratings
4 to 5 tablespoons of softened cream cheese2 teapsoons of cinnamon8 egg yolks2 cans of condensed milk2 cans of regular whole milk (use condensed milk cans to measure)1 tablespoon of vanilla extractGrated lemon rind (to taste)Caramel:1 cup of sugar * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and cinnamon.
- Add the egg yolks, condensed milk, vanilla and blend again.
- In a separate bowl stir the lemon rind and regular milk then add to cream cheese mixture and blend.
- To make the caramel:
- Melt the cup of sugar on the stove and pour it into the bottom of flan pan.
- Pour batter in pan and cover with foil.
- Place in water bath and bake at 180°C or 350°F degrees for 1 1/2 hrs.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!