This delicious Portuguese pudim de mães (moms pudding) recipe does take a little while to make, but it is worth it.
4 to 5 tablespoons of softened cream cheese2 teapsoons of cinnamon8 egg yolks2 cans of condensed milk2 cans of regular whole milk (use condensed milk cans to measure)1 tablespoon of vanilla extractGrated lemon rind (to taste)Caramel:1 cup of sugarGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and cinnamon.
- Add the egg yolks, condensed milk, vanilla and blend again.
- In a separate bowl stir the lemon rind and regular milk then add to cream cheese mixture and blend.
- To make the caramel:
- Melt the cup of sugar on the stove and pour it into the bottom of flan pan.
- Pour batter in pan and cover with foil.
- Place in water bath and bake at 180°C or 350°F degrees for 1 1/2 hrs.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
How to make Portuguese bread pudding (Pudim de pão).
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
How to make Portuguese coconut pudding with plums.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|
This simple Portuguese caramel mousse recipe (receita de mousse de caramelo) makes a delicious dessert.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
There are no comments for this recipe.