Madeiran Bolo do Caco Recipe
Posted in: Bread RecipesSat, Nov 14, 2020
5 out of 5 with 32 ratings
- Peel the potatoes, boil them in water and reduce them to puree.
- Add the yeast into a little water (aprox 150 ml) and add the salt as well.
- Place the flour on a clean surface, open a hole in the middle and place the sweet potatoes and yeast.
- Knead well and let the dough ferment for 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide the dough into small portions and flatten them (on a floured surface).
- Then cook the caco cakes on a hot skillet on both sides.
Suggestion: You can brush the cakes with garlic butter and sprinkle them with chopped parsley and a little salt.