This amazing eggnog recipe is well worth the time and effort, you will never buy store bought eggnog again.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||6 h 30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 cups of milk5 whole cloves1/2 teaspoon of vanilla1 teaspoon ground cinnamon12 egg yolks1 and 1/2 cups of sugar2 and 1/2 cups of rum4 cups of light cream2 teaspoons of vanilla extract1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg Get Portuguese ingredients
- Combine the milk, cloves, the 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, heat over the lowest setting for 5 minutes and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk together until fluffy.
- Whisk the hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs and pour everything into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick (do not allow mixture to boil), strain to remove the cloves, and let it cool for about an hour.
- Stir in the rum, cream, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Learn how to make the best Portuguese custard tarts (pasteis de nata) with Michael Santos.
Doubtlessly, getting a type 2 diabetes diagnosis might be overwhelming. First, you have the worry of knowing that you have an ailment that needs to be closely monitored by doctors.
Chef Keoni Chang shares this Hawaiian style Portuguese sweet bread French toast recipe that's an irresistible local breakfast favorite!