Natalie's Mom's Amazing Eggnog Recipe
Posted in: Drinks
Dec 6, 2020
4 out of 5 with 7 ratings
4 cups of milk5 whole cloves1/2 teaspoon of vanilla1 teaspoon ground cinnamon12 egg yolks1 and 1/2 cups of sugar2 and 1/2 cups of rum4 cups of light cream2 teaspoons of vanilla extract1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Combine the milk, cloves, the 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, heat over the lowest setting for 5 minutes and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar and whisk together until fluffy.
- Whisk the hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs and pour everything into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick (do not allow mixture to boil), strain to remove the cloves, and let it cool for about an hour.
- Stir in the rum, cream, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.