This can serve this delicious bacalhau com broa de milho (Portuguese cod with corn bread) with mashed potatoes on the side.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 onions, cut into very thin slices1 cup of olive oil2 chopped garlic cloves1 or 2 cod loins (2 lbs), soaked for 24 hours1/4 lb of linguiça, cut into slices1/4 lb of corn bread, crumbs2 eggsSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Place the onion in a pan with the olive oil and garlic.
- Add the cod (cut into pieces) and bring to the heat to cook.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 10 minutes, turning the cod after 5 minutes.
- When the onion is almost cooked, add the sausage.
- Put everything on a tray and spread the bread crumbs on top.
- Beat the eggs, season with salt and pepper and place over the cod.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC or 350ºF until lightly browned.
You might also like:
How to cook Portuguese mussels, this dish is very delicious and so easy to make !
Cozido (boiled meal) cooked by the steam of the volcano in Furnas, Azores, Portugal.
Check out some of the amazing food at Famous Churrascaria Portuguese BBQ & Grill Family Restaurant on 144 Rodman St. in Fall River.