Conceição's Portuguese Travesseiros Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Dec 10, 2020
4 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Pastry: 1 lb of butter 2 cups of sour cream 8 cups of flour 12 eggs yolksFilling:1 lb of walnuts12 egg whites2 teaspoons of vanilla extract1 teaspoon of baking powder
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Melt the butter, mix in sour cream, flour and egg yolks.
- Shape into small balls and leave in fridge until the next day.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy, add the crushed walnuts, icing sugar, vanilla extract and baking powder and mix gently.
- Roll the small balls until very thin, place about 1 to 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each dough, roll them up and seal the ends.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180°C or 350°F until golden brown (20 to 30 minutes).