Portuguese Fatias Douradas Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesSat, Jan 2, 2021
5 out of 5 with 2 ratings
- Slice the bread (thickness of slices to taste).
- Heat the milk with the lemon peels and the cinnamon stick, bring to a boil, turn off the heat and put aside.
- Heat a pan with at least 3 fingers of oil.
- Prepare four soup (deep) plates, one with milk, still warm, the second the beaten eggs, the third with absorbent paper and the fourth with sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- When the oil is hot, pass each slice through the milk and allow it to soak for about 5 seconds on both sides.
- Then pass it through the egg, on both sides, carefully place it in the oil and let it brown on both sides.
- When it is ready, remove and place on the absorbent paper, once it's well drained, pass both sides of each slice through the sugar and cinnamon.