Portuguese Fatias Douradas Recipe
Posted in: DessertsSat, Jan 2, 2021
4 out of 5 with 4 ratings
Views: 17793 - Comments 1
This recipe for Portuguese fatias douradas is very easy to make and delicious (best enjoyed while fresh).
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 large loaf of bread (2 to 3 days old)1 liter of milkPeel from 2 lemons1 cinnamon stick5 eggsOil (to taste)Sugar (to taste)Cinnamon (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Slice the bread (thickness of slices to taste).
- Heat the milk with the lemon peels and the cinnamon stick, bring to a boil, turn off the heat and put aside.
- Heat a pan with at least 3 fingers of oil.
- Prepare four soup (deep) plates, one with milk, still warm, the second the beaten eggs, the third with absorbent paper and the fourth with sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- When the oil is hot, pass each slice through the milk and allow it to soak for about 5 seconds on both sides.
- Then pass it through the egg, on both sides, carefully place it in the oil and let it brown on both sides.
- When it is ready, remove and place on the absorbent paper, once it's well drained, pass both sides of each slice through the sugar and cinnamon.
Recipe & Photo Credit: asreceitasladecasa.blogspot.com
Member since Oct 1, 2015