Portuguese Griddle Grilled Sardines Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Jan 3, 2021
3 out of 5 with 3 ratings
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve3 cloves of garlic, sliced1 tablespoon of smoked sweet paprika, plus extra to serve1/2 lemon, zested and wedged to serve4 sprigs of rosemary, leaves stripped and bruised1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped8 sardines, gutted
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Put all of the ingredients, except the sardines, into a bowl and mix it all together.
- Pour into a baking dish, add the sardines and toss really well.
- Cover and let it chill for a few hours.
- Heat a BBQ or a griddle pan until hot.
- Cook the sardines for 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are really caramelised and charred.
- Put onto a serving plate, drizzle with oil and squeeze the lemon wedges over them.