This homemade vanilla cake is delicious, moist and dense and it's easy to make.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 cup of white sugar1/2 cup of butter2 eggs1 teaspoon of vanilla extract1 teaspoon of almond extract1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour3 tablespoons of cornstarch1 and 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder1/2 teaspoon of salt3/4 cup of milk Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9x9-inch pan.
- Beat the sugar and butter together in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time and stir in the vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
- Add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until it springs back to the touch (30 to 40 minutes).
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make Portuguese coconut biscoitos, a traditional Portuguese biscuits made with coconut. These delicious treats are popular in Portugal and among Portuguese communities around the world.
Watch this video to learn how to make Portuguese fried fava beans step by step with Nancy.
Visiting the Azores, Portugal ? We complete our 2018 Guide to the Azores with this list of the top 10 things to do in the Azores, as well as some general travel tips.