Learn how to make this delicious Portuguese kale soup recipe with chouriço.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced2 medium onions, chopped4 to 6 cloves of garlic, chopped2 bay leaves, fresh or dried1 lb of kale, coarsely choppedCoarse salt and pepper (to taste)1 (15-ounce) can of red beans, drained and rinsed1 can of diced tomatoes1 lb of diced chouriço, casing removed2 carrots, chopped4 cups of chicken broth Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the oil in a deep pot over medium high heat and saute the onions and garlic.
- Add potatoes and cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bay leaves and kale to the pot, cover the pot and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans, carrots, tomatoes, chouriço, and broth to the pot and bring the soup to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat back to medium and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and carrots are cooked.
- Serve this soup with crusty bread.
This soup was amazing!!
7 months ago, Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Excellent, I also add a half a cup of elbow macaroni, a very small cabbage and boneless spare rib , all cut up in small pieces, it’s delicious
1 year ago, Sunday, August 21, 2022
You might also like:
Today we are making the Portuguese alheira sausage. A Sausage that literally saved lives.
Everyone is aware of the health benefits of fresh fruit juices, but no one has the time to prepare fresh fruit juices on a daily basis. As a result, people prefer to prepare large quantities of fresh fruit juices at...
Tomatoes freeze very well, so if you have a large quantity of tomatoes from your garden, this article is for you.