Portuguese Kale Soup Recipe
Posted in: SoupsThu, Nov 26, 2015
5 out of 5 with 282 ratings
Views: 183628 - Comments 14
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced2 medium onions, chopped4 to 6 cloves of garlic, chopped2 bay leaves, fresh or dried1 lb of kale, coarsely choppedCoarse salt and pepper (to taste)1 (15-ounce) can of red beans, drained and rinsed1 can of diced tomatoes1 lb of diced chouriço, casing removed2 carrots, chopped4 cups of chicken broth Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the oil in a deep pot over medium high heat and saute the onions and garlic.
- Add potatoes and cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bay leaves and kale to the pot, cover the pot and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans, carrots, tomatoes, chouriço, and broth to the pot and bring the soup to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat back to medium and cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and carrots are cooked.
- Serve this soup with crusty bread.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Rachael Ray
Lisa - 2 Months ago
This soup was amazing!!
[reply] (+0) (-0)
John meneses - 10 Months ago
Excellent, I also add a half a cup of elbow macaroni, a very small cabbage and boneless spare rib , all cut up in small pieces, it’s delicious