Portuguese Maria Teresa Cod Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Jan 24, 2021
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
2 large fillets of presoaked cod2 onions4 cloves of garlic2 bay leavesOlive oil (to taste)1/2 green pepper1/2 red pepperBreadcrumbs (to taste)Potatoes (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Place the sliced onions and the chopped garlic on a baking sheet.
- Add the bay leaves, sliced peppers and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut the potatoes to roast in half and add to the baking dish.
- Arrange the fillets of cod over it with the skin facing up.
- Pour a little more oil over the cod fillets and sprinkle them with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until well cooked.