Quick & Delicious Lemon Chicken Recipe
Posted in: Chicken RecipesMon, Jan 25, 2021
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
Views: 6234 - Comments 0
4 boneless chicken breasts1/4 cup of olive oil2 teaspoons of oregano, dried2 teaspoons of thyme, dried2 teaspoons of garlic powder2 teaspoons of salt, divided1/2 teaspoon of black pepper1/2 cup of dry white wine6 cloves of minced garlic1 tablespoon of lemon zest from 2 lemons2 tablespoons of lemon juice, freshly squeezed1 tablespoon of brown sugar1 lemon, cut into 6 slices Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the oven to 200°C or 400°F degrees.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to create a thick marinade/paste. Coat the chicken breasts with the seasoning paste.
- Using the same bowl mix together the white wine, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pour over chicken breasts.
- Place the lemon slices between the chicken and bake for 15 minutes, baste the chicken with the pan juice and bake for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 75°C or 165°F.
Recipe & Photo Credit: themodernproper.com