This delicious Portuguese mom's cod recipe (receita de bacalhau delicioso da mãe) has the perfect combination of flavors.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Potatoes (to taste)4 cod fillets2 bay leaves1 onion, chopped2 cloves of garlic, chopped2 large carrots, gratedParsley (to taste), chopped Olive oil (to taste)Bechamel sauce (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the potatoes into very thin sticks and let them soak in cold water.
- Bake the cod together with the 2 bay leaves, for about 5 minutes, drain, keeping the cooking water, shred the cod and put aside.
- In a pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil, add the carrots and let it sauté until soft.
- Add the cod and the parsley, drizzle with the cooking water and half of the bechamel sauce, cook on low heat and stir occasionally.
- Fry the potatoes and add them to the previous mix.
- Add everything to an oven proof pyrex dish and cover with the remaining bechamel sauce.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
In this video we go on a day trip from Lisbon to visit the beautiful Sintra to explore the magical palaces there.
Pedro shows you how to make Portuguese piri piri chicken from scratch on this video.
The oldest known book on Portuguese cuisine, entitled Livro de Cozinha da Infanta D. Maria de Portugal, from the 16th century, describes many popular medieval dishes of meat, fish, poultry and others.