Portuguese Mom's Delicious Cod Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Feb 1, 2021
4 out of 5 with 2 ratings
Potatoes (to taste)4 cod fillets2 bay leaves1 onion, chopped2 cloves of garlic, chopped2 large carrots, gratedParsley (to taste), chopped Olive oil (to taste)Bechamel sauce (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Cut the potatoes into very thin sticks and let them soak in cold water.
- Bake the cod together with the 2 bay leaves, for about 5 minutes, drain, keeping the cooking water, shred the cod and put aside.
- In a pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil, add the carrots and let it sauté until soft.
- Add the cod and the parsley, drizzle with the cooking water and half of the bechamel sauce, cook on low heat and stir occasionally.
- Fry the potatoes and add them to the previous mix.
- Add everything to an oven proof pyrex dish and cover with the remaining bechamel sauce.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.