Portuguese Mom's Delicious Cod Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesMon, Feb 1, 2021
3 out of 5 with 4 ratings
- Cut the potatoes into very thin sticks and let them soak in cold water.
- Bake the cod together with the 2 bay leaves, for about 5 minutes, drain, keeping the cooking water, shred the cod and put aside.
- In a pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil, add the carrots and let it sauté until soft.
- Add the cod and the parsley, drizzle with the cooking water and half of the bechamel sauce, cook on low heat and stir occasionally.
- Fry the potatoes and add them to the previous mix.
- Add everything to an oven proof pyrex dish and cover with the remaining bechamel sauce.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C or 350°F.