This delicious Portuguese coconut roll recipe (receita de torta de coco) is very easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
3 eggs2 yolks1 and 1/4 cups of sugar1 and 1/4 cups of grated coconut1/4 cup of melted butterZest of 1 lemon Get Portuguese ingredients
- Beat the eggs, yolks, sugar and lemon zest until everything is well mixed.
- Add the coconut and then add the melted butter, mixing well.
- Line on a tray with greased parchment paper and bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- When ready (it should be undercooked) place it on a cloth dusted with sugar and roll up carefully.
- Decorate it with grated coconut and serve.
Define grated coconut please. Is it Shredded? Sweetened? Dessicated? Dried shredded? In WA state I can't find grated coconut as defined in this recipe Thank you🌺
4 months ago, Saturday, August 5, 2023
You might also like:
On this video, chef Rick who was a guest on Spokane Public Library, shows you how to make a delicious Portuguese bean soup.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).
Learn how to make a traditional Madeiran skewer (espetada da Madeira).