Chocolate Chiffon Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesTue, Feb 16, 2021
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
Cake:7 large eggs, separated1/2 cup of baking cocoa3/4 cup of boiling water1 and 3/4 cups of cake flour1 and 3/4 cups of sugar1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda1 teaspoon of salt1/2 cup of canola oil2 teaspoons of vanilla extract1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartarIcing:1/3 cup butter2 cups of confectioners sugar2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract3 to 4 tablespoons of hot waterChopped nuts, optional * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Let the eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cocoa and boiling water until smooth and cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, oil and vanilla, add to the dry ingredients along with the cocoa mixture and beat until well blended.
- In another large bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form and gradually fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan and cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on lowest rack at 325°F for about 60 to 65 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately remove the pan and let it cool completely.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of the pan to loosen it and place the cake on a serving plate.
- For icing, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the confectioners sugar, chocolate, vanilla and water.
- Drizzle over the cake and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!