- Let the eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cocoa and boiling water until smooth and cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, oil and vanilla, add to the dry ingredients along with the cocoa mixture and beat until well blended.
- In another large bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form and gradually fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan and cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on lowest rack at 325°F for about 60 to 65 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately remove the pan and let it cool completely.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of the pan to loosen it and place the cake on a serving plate.
- For icing, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the confectioners sugar, chocolate, vanilla and water.
- Drizzle over the cake and sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
Please Leave a Comment
You might also like
This delicious moist honey and nut cake recipe (receita de bolo húmido de mel e nozes) is easy to prepare and makes a great snack.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
This delicious and moist coconut roll recipe (receita de torta húmida de coco) only takes about 30 minutes to make.
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
How to make Portuguese honey, orange and hazelnut cake.
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|