Grandma Julia's Portuguese Coconut Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Mar 4, 2021
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
3 eggs2 and 1/2 cups of sugar2 cups of yellow corn flour1 cup of all-purpose flour3/4 cup of coconut milk1/2 cup of shredded coconut3 tablespoons of softened margarine or butter1 teaspoon of baking powder
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- With a electric mixer, beat the eggs, margarine/butter and sugar.
- Add the flours and coconut milk while still mixing.
- Add the baking powder and beat a little more.
- Finally, incorporate the coconut with a wooden spoon.
- Grease and dust the cake pan with flour.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 50 minutes at which point, do the toothpick test to see if it's ready.