These different but delicious Portuguese beer and cinnamon tarts (pastéis de cerveja e canela) are very popular in Belém, Portugal.
|Preparation time||1 h 15 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||1 h 25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Pastry:1 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour2 tablespoons of salted butter, softened2 tablespoons of sugar100ml of warm water (a little less than 1/2 a cup)Filling:1 black beer1 cup of sugar1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon2/3 cup of fresh Portuguese cheese1/2 a cup of grated skinless almonds5 egg yolks2 eggs Get Portuguese ingredients
This recipe makes 18 tarts.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, butter and sugar with your hands.
- Add warm water slowly and knead until the dough takes on the shape of a ball.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and let it stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, boil the beer until half of it evaporates.
- In the meantime, heat the oven to 170ºC or 340ºF.
- Mash the fresh cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, fresh cheese, cinnamon, almonds and the reduced beer.
- In another bowl, beat the yolks with the whole eggs, then add to the bowl with the sugar and beer mixture and mix gently.
- Grease the cupcake molds with butter.
- Roll out the dough and line the molds with it.
- Fill with the filling and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Pedro shows you how to make Portuguese piri piri chicken from scratch on this video.
Madeira wine is a fortified wine that comes from the Madeira Islands in Portugal. It is known for its unique flavor profile and longevity, here is a list of the top 10 Madeira wines.
Ponta Delgada, Portuguese for 'thin point', is the largest municipality and administrative capital of the Autonomous Region of the Azores in Portugal located on the south coast of São Miguel Island, the largest and...
Learn how to make Portuguese donuts (filhoses) with Angela Castro from the Olive Branch, this recipe makes a small batch.
Here is a top list of the best Portuguese wines. Portugal has a long and rich history of winemaking, and there are many excellent Portuguese wines to choose from.
Here is a list of the top 10 highest rated beef recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.