Portuguese Beer and Cinnamon Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Mar 9, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
Pastry:1 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour2 tablespoons of salted butter, softened2 tablespoons of sugar100ml of warm water (a little less than 1/2 a cup)Filling:1 black beer1 cup of sugar1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon2/3 cup of fresh Portuguese cheese1/2 a cup of grated skinless almonds5 egg yolks2 eggs
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
This recipe makes 18 tarts.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, butter and sugar with your hands.
- Add warm water slowly and knead until the dough takes on the shape of a ball.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and let it stand for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, boil the beer until half of it evaporates.
- In the meantime, heat the oven to 170ºC or 340ºF.
- Mash the fresh cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, fresh cheese, cinnamon, almonds and the reduced beer.
- In another bowl, beat the yolks with the whole eggs, then add to the bowl with the sugar and beer mixture and mix gently.
- Grease the cupcake molds with butter.
- Roll out the dough and line the molds with it.
- Fill with the filling and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.