Porto Style Stewed Beef Tongue Recipe
Posted in: Beef RecipesWed, Mar 10, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
- Cook the beef tongue in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes with no salt added (make sure that the lid is properly closed).
- Once you take the beef tongue out of the pressure cooker, let it cool for a couple of minutes and then scrape the white, thick skin off of it, it is not edible (Do not wait for the beef tongue to be at room temperature for this step or it will become much harder to scrape off).
- Place the beef tongue on a large bowl with the white wine, cloves of garlic and bay leaves.
- Place it in the fridge ideally overnight, but at least for a couple of hours to allow the meat to become properly seasoned.
- In a large pan heat the sliced onions and some olive oil (to taste).
- Add the beef tongue as well as the sauce it was marinated in, and finally add the peas.
- Season it with salt and let it cook at low temperature with the lid on for one hour and a half.
- Once in a while check to see if there is still sauce in the pan, if there is not enough sauce, you can add a little bit of water.
- Serve the tongue with a side dish of white rice.