This delicious Portuguese honey, walnut and olive oil cake (bolo de mel, noz e azeite) takes less then 45 minutes to make.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 eggs1 cup of packed brown sugar3 tablespoons of honey3 and 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil2 cups of all purpose flour1 teaspoon of cinnamon1/2 teaspoon of salt1/2 cup of walnuts1 teaspoon of baking powderPowdered sugar (to taste)9 Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºc
- Grease a cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Chop the walnuts coarsely and set aside.
- Beat the sugar with the eggs until you get a smooth batter, add the honey and olive oil and beat a little more.
- Add the walnuts and mix in the sifted flour and baking powder
- Place in the pan and bake for about 35 minutes (check with a toothpick to see if it is cooked, if it comes out dry it is ready.
- Remove from the oven, unmold and let it cool, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Bolinhos de bacalhau, name in Northern Portugal and Brazil or pastéis de bacalhau, name in Central and Southern Portugal, particularly in the Lisbon area.
The origins of coffee can be traced back to a region in Eastern Africa known as Ethiopia. A goat herder by the name of Kaldi is the subject of a well-known folk tale. After one of his goats ate berries, he noticed...
Learn how to start composting at home, it is really easy and great for your garden and the environment.