Portuguese Macaroni & Bean Soup Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Nov 27, 2015
4 out of 5 with 11 ratings
3 potatoes, peeled and diced14 cups cold water1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (19 ounce) can romano beans, rinsed1 whole onion3 whole garlic cloves2 tablespoons olive oil2 teaspoons paprika1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper1 dash ground cinnamon1 1⁄2 cups dry macaroni noodles
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Peel the onions and garlic and place in cheesecloth, tie the cheesecloth into a bundle for easy removal later.
- In a large pot, add all of the ingredients except for the pasta. Cook on medium heat just until the potatoes are slightly cooked.
- Add the pasta and cook until pasta is al dente and potatoes are tender.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the onion and garlic and serve.