Portuguese Mom's Rabanadas (French Toast) Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Apr 13, 2021
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
8 slices of bread, 3 days old (each 1 finger thick)1 cup of milk3 tablespoons of sugar1 lemon peel 2 cinnamon sticks2 eggsOil, to fryGround cinnamon (to taste)Sugar (to taste)
Get Portuguese groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Heat the milk, 3 tablespoons of sugar, lemon peel and cinnamon sticks, bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Leave the lemon peel and cinnamon sticks in the milk until cool.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Pass each slice of bread through the milk and drain it to eliminate excess milk.
- Pass each slice through the egg and fry them in very hot oil.
- Remove and let them drain well on absorbent paper.
- Arrange them on a platter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.